18 agosto 2009

THE GRASS HARP

El arpa de hierba, de Truman Capote (He was a creature like Thomas Mann had written about)

I still remember the impact that The Grass Harp had on my heart when I first read it. Every page that I was reading was a extremely well-written one. I was falling in love with Capote at each chapter.
22 years later - last week - I read It again; Collin told me the same history, He did not change any word. I had the same feelings...the home in the tree had still in my dreams...the judge in love, the impulsive teenager, Riley...the kindness, Dolly...the fight against the hypocrisy, wonderful Catherine.
I think that this book can move my senses, because its words look like a music for my heart, I can close my eyes and I can feel the same sound, I can smell the grass and touch it.
Please, please, read It! Read all Truman Capote's books!

No hay comentarios: